A New Lund University Social Sciences Strong Research Area on:
Crisis Inequalities and Social Resilience (CISR)
This strong research area in Crisis Inequalities and Social Resilience (CISR) arises from collaboration organically developed over time between the Initiative for Research on Social Resilience and the Society for Critical Studies of Crisis (SCSC), Faculty of Social Sciences at Lund University. The collaboration has provided important research thanks to a series of international webinars; conceptual and methodological workshops; and peer-reviewed publications. Our strong research area consolidates a range of senior and early career researchers, who through their combined expertise apply a critical lens for identifying and analyzing the entanglements between social resilience, crisis, and socio-economic inequalities. In this strong research area, we respond to an ethical call for critique of local and global inequities, as enmeshed with uneven distribution of resources, unequal opportunities, and skewed rights in crisis circumstances and thereby also engage with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CISR connects to research conducted at the various departments under the Faculty of Social Sciences and, therefore, holds promise of long-lasting broad scholarly support, excellence in both breadth and depth, and high-level scientific and societal impact.
- Helle Rydström, Professor, Department of Gender Studies, Lund University.
- Annette Hill, Professor, Department of Communication and Media, Lund University,
- Simon Turner, Professor, Division of Social Anthropology, Department of Sociology, Lund University.
Coordinator Social Resilience Group:
- Teres Hjärpe, Senior Lecturer, School of Social Work, Lund University.
Lund University Faculty of Social Sciences Involved Scholars:
- Carlo Nicoli Aldini, Ph.D. Candidate, Sociology of Law.
- Soumi Banerjee, Ph.D. Candidate, School of Social Work.
- Martina A. Caretta, Senior Lecturer, Department of Cultural and Economic Geography.
- Catia Gregoratti, Senior Lecturer, Department of Political Science.
- Nils Gustafsson, Senior Lecturer, Department of Strategic Communication.
- David Harnesk, Post-Doc. & Senior Lecturer, LUCSUS.
- Mine Islar, Associate Professor, LUCSUS.
- Sara Kauko, Post-Doc. Department of Gender Studies.
- Yunhwan Kim, Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology.
- Mikael Linnell, Post-Doc. & Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology.
- Martin Lundqvist, Post-Doc., Department of Communication and Media.
- Tove Lundberg, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology.
- Chris Mathieu, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology.
- Claudia Di Matteo, Ph.D. Candidate, School of Social Work.
- Andreas Mattsson, Researcher, Department of Communication and Media.
- Patric Nordbeck, Post-Doc., Department of Psychology.
- Azher Hameed Qamar, Post-Doc., School of Social Work.
- Juan Antonio Samper, Ph.D. Candidate, LUCSUS.
- Priscilla Solano, Senior Lecturer, Department of Gender Studies.
- Marlene Wiggill, Associate Professor, Department of Strategic Communication.
- Hui Zhao, Post-Doct., Department of Strategic Communication.